Have you recently launched your business blog and are ready to attract fresh visitors to your content? Perhaps you already have a blog and now you’re struggling to drive quality traffic to your site. Since your blog will serve as a central component in your digital marketing, it’s essential to get your content in front of your intended audience to experience positive outcomes like generating leads and online sales.
If you’re looking for ways to quickly improve traffic to your business blog, this guide provides three practical ways to help you increase new and repeat visitors to your content which leads to engagement like shares, comments, and new subscribers.
Develop Strong Buyer Personas
The first step to attracting quality traffic is having a clear understanding of your target audience. When you have a deep understanding of their problems, goals, challenges, what keeps them up at night along with demographic information, your content creation becomes much more effective because you’re offering solutions that meets these concerns.
The best way to engage your target audience is by developing buyer personas. Establishing buyer personas will guide you in every aspect of your marketing including SEO, social media, paid advertising…everything! It is a clear picture of what your ideal customer looks like. Gaining this clarity is critical towards your content marketing strategy.
Now that you have rich content to share that resonates with your audience, it’s time to promote it. The remaining tips offer ways to get your message in front of the right audience!
Optimize Your Blog Posts for SEO
Search engines are still the number one source for content traffic generation; outdoing social media by more than 300% (Source: IronPaper). Therefore, implementing sound SEO techniques is important to boost your ranking in the search results. Here are simple steps you can implement now to optimize your blog content for SEO:
- Focus on using longtail keywords that consist of several words to drive targeted traffic to your site.
- Create long-form content with 2000+ words. Longer blog posts rank highly in search engines because of quality content and readers spend more time on your site which also improves SEO ranking.
- Signal relevancy of your content to the search engines by using keywords for your image file name, alt tag, title, description, and captions.
- Include credible outbound links in your content…this has a positive effect on SEO
- Use keywords in header tags (i.e. h1, h2 tags). Not only does this have a significant impact on SEO but it improves website experience when you break up the content into sections, making it easier to read.
- Content creation is ranked as the single most effective SEO technique by 53% of businesses (Source: Marketing Sherpa). Be sure to blog consistently to establish more quality real estate on the web.
Strategically Promote on Social Media
Social promotion is an excellent channel for creating more exposure to your blog content and driving quality traffic. In fact, research has shown that compelling content (i.e. good blog articles) is one of the top three reasons people will follow a brand on social media (Source: Salesforce Marketing Cloud)! Your social media posting must be strategic to generate engagement. Check out these tips, tools, and tricks to leverage the power of social media for your business blogging:
- Visual Content: Create visuals that complement your blog content and use these images to promote your blog content on sites like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Blog articles with images get 94% more views so ramp up your visual strategy. Be sure to link your blog post to these images.
- Use Hashtags: Always include relevant hashtags when promoting your blog post to expand its reach.
- Facebook Remarketing: Installing a Facebook tracking pixel on your blog allows you to continue marketing to your visitors by setting up re-marketing audiences in Facebook. This is a great way to create return traffic to your business blog or website. You can start re-marketing to audiences as small as 100 visitors.
- Long-Form Content: This does extremely well on social media. A blog post that has more than 1,500 words on average receives 1% more tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes than a post under 1,500 words (Source: Hubspot).
- Twitter Cards: A great tool to help boost traffic to your specific blog post. Essentially they are larger tweets that incorporate images, allowing you to have call-to-action buttons built into the tweet.
- Use Social Media Management Tools: Tools like Buffer and CoSchedule not only help you manage your social media marketing and become more efficient, you’ll even know which times to post best for improved engagement with your blog content. These are must-haves for your startup marketing!
- It’s okay to share your post more than once…especially on Twitter where you can tweet your post several times a day.
Bonus Tip: Email your blog content to your list. Email subscribers are 3 times more likely to share your content via social media than visitors from other sources. Even if you have a small list just starting out, leverage this opportunity by feeding your leads value-rich content to keep them tuned in with your brand and to boost traffic to your blog.
These tips are simple yet highly effective to generating quality traffic to your new blog. The key is to remain consistent in both your blogging and promotion strategy. You will begin to experience the growth you deserve in your business. For more information about how to approach improving traffic to your blog, contact us today. McAllister Marketing specializes in helping you attract the right kind of traffic and prospects to your website. Reach out to us here and discover how we can assist in bolstering your inbound marketing strategy!