Digital marketing is one of the most important, if not the single most important thing you can do in order to increase your web presence. Part and parcel of this digital marketing campaign includes strategically placed ads on social media, and most especially, how to generate more leads with Facebook advertising.
This blog post discusses the finer points of targeting builders through Facebook ads. What does one need to know about it? How can it be done? What are the most effective and, conversely, ineffective strategies for getting it done?
Facebook Local Ads: Geo-Targeting Through Social Media
One of the most important developments that Facebook has implemented in their ads category is the geo-targeting or, if you prefer, the “local” ads aspect of their ad campaign. Simply put, if you’re a small, local builder, you can benefit from advertising your company through the local ad option on Facebook. In this way, you will only reach the people who shop and, ultimately, live in your area without getting extraneous traffic that will not serve your campaign any purpose.
The name of the program is called Local Awareness and with this program business owners will be able to put in, not only their location, but the advertising radius in which they want to operate. In this way, no one outside of that local radius will receive the ad, which will not only save you money, but will prevent your ad from being ineffective.
In addition to the geo-targeted information, you can also tailor your Facebook ad to line up with other important information such as demographic information, and even shopping habits, so you can further tailor your target audience to be most likely to buy your products.
Finally, but certainly no less importantly, keep in mind some of the most important statistics about Facebook buying habits:
- 52% of buyers believe that they need to review products that they see on Facebook before they buy them.
- 70% of buyers said that they research what they’re looking to buy on their mobile devices.
- 36% of buyers said that they buy products based on what they see online.
- 49% of buyers said that they will buy products based on what they see on social media.
All of these statistics point to a very important trend: Facebook targeted ads are absolutely important in improving your online sales. So, if you’re looking to target prospects through Facebook, if it’s done right, you will get unbeatable results.
Important Tips for Facebook Ads
So, now that you see the importance of buying Facebook ads, the following is a list of important tips and tricks that you need to follow in order to effectively target prospects through your Facebook ads:
- Make a note of all the important information that you will need to make your Facebook ad targeted for the right demographic. The Facebook ad algorithm is so well designed that you can target your ad to be as broad or as narrow, as you so desire or require.
- Remember the most important rules of Facebook ads: attract and engage. You don’t have a lot of space to promote your Facebook ad so try to limit your message to 25 characters or less in order to make the most impact. In addition, when you get people to your website, make sure that you keep them engaged once they get there. Your website has to be user-friendly, have good content (which includes good photos and videos, as well as good written content), and be regularly updated.
- Be careful with the budget. Remember that Facebook ads cost money and sometimes, depending on how specialized your ad is, it may cost a great deal of money. You always want to keep a good budget in mind and stick to it before you spend money that you don’t have on ads that you can’t afford.
- Make sure you test any ad that you want to put out. There are plenty of apps that are out there that you can use to test the efficiency of your ad to see if it works in general, and to see if it works for your target audience so please make sure that you utilize them to make sure that your ad is efficient. Finally, don’t underestimate the importance of a good picture. Sometimes, an ad can go from zero to hero just by changing your picture.
- Make sure you analyze your end result once you’re done with the ad campaign. You can implement Google Analytics to see the full effects of your ad campaign to make sure that you’re getting the most proverbial “bang for your buck.”
For more information about McAllister Marketing and our services, contact us today.